Merry Christmas, everyone!!
Hope you have all had a merry holiday spent with family, unwrapping gifts, and reperforming your age old traditions!
This year, I discovered very quickly there were no plans for breakfast. The feast (or dinner, as some would call it) was the main focus. So I set off to bring something entirely new & scrumptious to the table: Eggs Benedict.
I blame Highland Bakery, in Atlanta, for my fascination with eggs benedict. Something about the way the hollandaise dripped off the side of the eggs combined with my favorite 2 minute breakfast food, the english muffin, draws me in every time.
So I went to my trusted besty allrecipes.com for Home Made English Muffins, Poached Eggs, and Easy Hollandaise, and voila! Delicious brekfast.
A couple of notes:
I baked the muffins at 350 for about 10-15 minutes, rather than throwing them onto the griddle.
Shallow water, no vinegar, cover after 3 minutes.
The hollandaise was perfect!
Later, for a mid-evening / late afternoon snack, I made peanut-butter caramel popcorn:
1/2 cup uncooked popcorn (yields about 8 cups)
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup white sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter
12 tbs butter
1/4 cup corn syrup
Cook the popcorn as directed. Combine the sugars, butters, and corn syrup into a saucepan and cook on medium. Pour cook popcorn onto wax paper. Pour the peanut-butter caramel over the popcorn. To more evenly mix, heat in the oven on 200 for one hour. Stir and serve.
What was your favorite holiday treat this year?
No comments:
Post a Comment