Wednesday, November 14, 2012

All Twisted UP

After getting off of work early today, I moseyed around my kitchen - heating up leftover broccoli casserole (yum! recipe to come), and chomping down on the salad I skipped from lunch.

Diners & Drive-ins featured a place called Foreign & Domestic in Austin, Texas. After learning what a pop-over is and seeing what they do with them & Gruyere cheese, I had a craving. No - not pop-overs.. I don't have the equipment for those.

PRETZELS!

Pretzels have been a long favorite of mine. My best friend Heather and I have been savoring them for years. One of our favorite local pubs used to serve the BEST, and I mean the BEST pretzels ever. They were so fluffy and light and reminded you somewhat of the inside of a donut.

But alas, the pub no longer serves the most amazing pretzels in the world. So I have struck out on an adventure to create my own!

Tonight I tried this recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/buttery-soft-pretzels/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=pretzel&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe

About a 1.5 cups into the recipe, I ran out of white flower and opted for wheat. I believe this may have been my recipe's downfall. The dough was very tough, and I think I can lift 50 lbs weights now after kneading that sucker.

Of course I will come back to this recipe when I have the proper ingredients and give it a fair shot, but my personal twist on them only gets 3 out of 5 stars.

After that? I want to try these: http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/rosemary-sea-salt-pretzels-with-rosemary-cheddar-cheese-sauce/

No comments:

Post a Comment