Friday night I decided to throw together an absolutely scrumptious meal - Baked sour cream chicken breast, Sour cream biscuits, and Blackberry Cobbler.
This delicious dinner cost only around $12 (blackberries were on sale - thank you Kroger!), fed three hungry people, and with plenty of leftovers to spare.
Some lessons I learned:
-Spices + something moist = delicious chicken
-Save yourself time to do baked chicken - about 2x longer than in a skillet
-Sour cream biscuits are not very fluffy, especially when you add cheddar cheese
-Blackberry cobbler is forking delicious & simple!
A couple of tweaks I did to my recipes - added 1/4 cup of cheese to the biscuits, substituted a blend of oregano, marjoram, garlic salt, black pepper, celery seed, and rolled oats for the "stuffing seasoning" the chicken calls for.
This is a meal I will definitely make again - but I plan to change up the biscuits some.
No comments:
Post a Comment