Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Trying new things

Lately I have tired of my budget blog - right now I am in the execution stage of my major budget overhaul, and while it's hard - its just not that exciting.

So in the meantime, I have taken up a NEW passion that goes along nicely with my tight budget - cooking at home!

Recently I have been obsessed with trying new things. First I made bread.. then I made wheat bread.. then I kept making wheat bread until finally I have found my favorite recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/honey-wheat-bread-iii/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=honey%20wheat%20bread&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page

A new trick I learned with this gem of a recipe - microwave a bakers dish of water (about one cup) for 1 - 2 minutes. When finished, let your dough rise in the closed microwave for only 45 minutes. The result? Lighter, fluffier, tastier bread in much less time.

No comments:

Post a Comment